Monday, March 1, 2010

The 35 Days

So the 35 days (our church's version of Lent) are over, and I am excited about what has happened in my life and my spiritual walk, but I am also eager and anxious about the future. I have decided to attempt a 35 days part two (35X2). Conveniently enough Easter happens to be in 35 days. So right now I am planning on reading through Acts and potentially Luke as well, but I have also been thinking about doing the Lord's Table bible study or a book my mom gave me called Jesus Calling. Not sure which route will ultimately win out. I am also only going to let my self check my messages and the top lists on Facebook twice a day... 15 mins or so after I respond to messages and things.

What God has done: God brought me back to a place where I could see him and I could see myself through his eyes. I was devastated by my father's death. I felt like my life was a disaster and that nothing good could come from me or for me. I was terrified of not knowing what God would want me to do with myself and that I would somehow fail him. The Truth is AMAZING! God really does love us, and our sins have been paid for. He does have a plan for us, and we need to step out boldly in faith believing that he will direct our paths. He has sent us a counselor who will guide us! Sin and death have been defeated. Our sinful natures are made dead through Christ and that truth/promise is a powerful weapon in combatting temptation and fear. Col 3:3 is so powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment