Thursday, January 28, 2010

Claiming and Reclaiming

Recently my life has been a flaming bowl of crazy, but it is not necessary that you know the intimate details of said "crazy" at this point of the journey. Suffice it to say I have chosen to forget that God is good, that he "has a plan for me," that I can trust Him, that He is God. You may not believe in God, but He is going to change my life. That is after all what he does. I am claiming the promises that I have not forgotten but have simply ignored because I hurt too much. I am also choosing to reclaim or perhaps reappropriate part of a rap/pop song. This is me jumping in the car. This is me going on a road trip with God and letting him drive. This is me becoming reacquainted with an old friend, a friend that loves me and wants me. One thing "the crazy" has taught me is that if you don't pay attention to God you can't begin to understand Him or yourself. So here's to self discovery and self denial and chasing God.

ESV
Philippians 1:6 "And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ."
Philippians 3: 12-14 "Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do forgetting what is behind and straining for what is ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."

That verb for press is the same verb you would use to describe pursuit, both the good and the bad kind. Think of the intensity the bad guy or the hero always displays in thrillers. They always end up rushing towards something without a care for themselves. They forget themselves in the moment. I want to forget myself, my drama, in my pursuit of Christ.

http://www.hillcountryut.org/




No comments:

Post a Comment