Sunday, January 31, 2010

Life is a daring adventure or nothing. ~ Helen Keller

I was looking for a "God is good" verse, and I randomly found this quote online today. I think it perfectly describes where I have been. I was doing nothing, wallowing in self pity, and generally disgruntled. Now, I have rediscovered the answer, and it is amazing, terrifying, and perfectly wonderful all at the same time. Following God will definitely be an adventure. But God is good. Today is Sunday so I went to church, and I literally saw some of the lies that I had been fostering and cuddling completely crushed. A dear friend asked how I was doing and mentioned that she had missed seeing me and was worried I had left. People that I used to revel in loving on suddenly reappeared in my space so that I could pick up caring for them where I had left off. Students I thought I had neglected and done a disservice took the time to thank me for helping them. IT WAS AMAZING! God has a place for me! He has put people in my life for a reason and I can't ignore that! I am not alone! I have had and can have a positive impact on the lives of others. :)

I was panicking on the way to church and a little last night about all of the changes that need to take place in my life, but then I realized that it will be okay! "God will make a way where their seems to be no way." I can do this if I trust Him! Well, I guess, He can do this! :)

Jeremiah 24:6-7 (NIV) - "My eyes will watch over them for their good, and I will bring them back to this land. I will build them up and not tear them down; I will plant them and not uproot them. I will give them a heart to know me, that I am the Lord. They will be my people, and I will be their God, for they will return to me with all their heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment