Monday, February 8, 2010

He "loves like a hurricane" - David Crowder Band

I have been thinking a lot about listening to God lately, and so of course the sermon on Sunday was about listening and the study we are doing tomorrow night is about listening. I don't often try or practice listening. Thinking, pondering, mulling is easy. But listening, being still? Being quiet? I think this is a huge thing. I think this is what God really wants, and He is pursuing it for me. I haven't been sleeping, hence the posting at one in the morning, and I can't help but think that He wants something. That this disquiet has some sort of purpose. Perhaps I am wrong. More prayer, more patience, more seeking. He will make Himself known or conquer the one that is pestering His sheep. I simply need to wait, to rest in His arms, to be close so that I can hear Him. Worry rears its ugly head. Rest. Jesus proved over and over again that He knows what we are thinking, He knows we fall asleep while praying, He knows our racing erratic thoughts that aren't tame enough to pray a straight line, and He knows our fears. Confession and praise. Waiting for the Lord to reveal His plan, waiting and learning to be still and listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment